Avocado Bacon Breakfast Sandwich
We take great pleasure in creating sandwiches that are too big to bite into, unless you’re a half-ton grizzly. Seriously, you don’t want to be making one of these downwind of anyone that enjoys the smell of bacon, eggs, or avocado. For that matter best wait until everyone’s out of the house, or simply lie and tell them the smell is coming from the TV. That’s technology for you. In any case, this Organic Multigrain Bread with Quinoa is the true future of yummy.
- 4 slices Grace® Baking Organic Multigrain with Sprouted Grains
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat, flipping often until crispy. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate.
- Drain excess grease from skillet, and return to medium heat. Crack eggs in skillet and cook until the white is solid but the yolk is still soft. Remove skillet from heat.
- In a small bowl, peel and mash the avocado and set aside.
- Heat a second large skillet over medium-low heat. Spread butter on both sides of each bread slice and place in skillet, toasting until dark golden brown on both sides.
- Spread avocado on 2 slices of toast. Top each with 2 slices of bacon and 1 egg. Season with salt and pepper and cap with remaining toast slices