Berry French Toast Bake
Baking the perfect baguette isn’t as easy as it looks - which is why you should be thrilled that Grace Baking decided to share this way-too-good Berry French Toast Bake recipe - made with their absolutely authentic tasting French Baguette. It’s a winner, and not just because it’s French. Breakfast is always better when it tastes like dessert, and filled with sweet, sweet berries and dusted with a pinch of powdered sugar, this is one breakfast you’ll be having beaucoup. Bon appetit!
- ½ loaf Grace® Baking French Baguette, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 ½ cups strawberries, diced
- 1 ½ cups blackberries, halved
- 1 ½ cups raspberries
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar, to serve
- Spray a 9-by-9-inch casserole dish with nonstick spray. Fill pan with half the bread cubes. Add about ⅔ of the fruit and gently mix with your hands to distribute the berries evenly throughout the dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla. Carefully pour the mix over the bread and berries. Gently press down on the bread to ensure every piece gets soaked.
- Cover the dish and set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or overnight if possible.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and bake until set (approximately 40-60 minutes).
- Remove from oven and top with remaining berries. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.