Hot Ham & Cheese Sliders
There’s only one thing that beats making fresh, piping hot cinnamon rolls from scratch: making them with a Grace Baking French Baguette. Covered in a sublimely sweet drizzle of icing, this is a treat that only when baked in huge batches will any be left to be enjoyed past breakfast. Whipping up a panful of these is a piece of cake... so to speak. No dough, no yeast, no agonizingly long wait watching it rise only to wait even longer while it bakes, Nope. This is make & bake & share! Don’t forget to add a generous cupful of juicy raspberries for good measure – but any berry that strikes your fancy is just peachy. Take it from us; this one’s a delight that works wonders on a grumpy Monday-morning family. The best part? You get to take the leftovers to work and engage in a little taste bud team-building. Who knows, there could even be a promotion in it for you. You deserve it!
- 1 package Grace® Baking Pretzel Mini Rolls
- 4 oz. Swiss cheese
- 12 oz. ham, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. White American cheese
- ½ cup pickle slices
- ¼ cup Spicy Mustard (recipe follows)
- Chive & Mustard Butter (recipe follows)
Spicy Mustard Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp. yellow mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp. brown mustard seeds
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. fine sea salt
Chive & Mustard Butter Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp. Spicy Mustard
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3 tbsp. minced chives
- Make the Spicy Mustard. Using a mortar and pestle, grind the mustard seeds into a powder. Transfer to a small bowl, and add apple cider vinegar, water and sea salt. Place one tablespoon of Spicy Mustard in a small bowl and set aside. Cover remaining Spicy Mustard, and refrigerate until ready to build sandwiches.
- Make Chive & Mustard Butter. To the small bowl with one tablespoon of Spicy Mustard add butter and chives. Mix until thoroughly combined. Cover bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Slice rolls in half and place roll bottoms in a small baking dish. Spread the bottoms with the Spicy Mustard, and top with Swiss cheese, ham, White American, pickles and roll lids.
- Heat the Chive & Mustard Butter in the microwave until melted. Using a pastry brush, brush mixture over roll lids. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10-15 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.