Philly Cheesesteak Grilled Cheese
Fabulous, full-of-flavor Philly Cheesesteak now comes in a convenient grilled cheese format. Don’t be put off by the inches-high sandwich pictured here, our photographer was terribly hungry on the day of the shoot. Anything made with Grace® Baking Organic Multigrain With Ancient Grains tends to have that effect on people, and more so if they’re making anything as tempting & decadent as this. Rest assured, you’re allowed to eat it in small bite sizes. The Philly Cheesesteak is a wonder of gastronomical savvy, and a tradition sure to last forever. Who are we kidding… it’ll last 5-6 minutes tops on any plate, 3 if you’re feeding teenagers, under a minute if they manage to put down their smartphones.
- 4 slices Grace® Baking Organic Multigrain with Ancient Grains
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- ½ cup green bell pepper, sliced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup steak, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft (approximately 5 minutes). Add bell peppers and cook for approximately 2 more minutes. Transfer mixture to a bowl and return skillet to stovetop.
- Season steak with salt and pepper, and cook in hot skillet to desired doneness.
- Spread butter on one side of each bread slice. Place two slices, butter side down, in a large skillet over medium heat. Layer on half of the cheese, steak, peppers and remaining cheese. Cap with the remaining slices of bread, butter side up.
- Cook sandwiches, flipping intermittently, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown on both sides (approximately 3-5 minutes).