Roasted Tomato and Basil Pesto Benedict
We admit it - this Roasted Tomato & Basil Pesto Benedict is likely to ruin things for any other breakfast that comes after. One bite will prove that this is pesto’s true calling – a tempting treat deserving of its place upon an egg, laid on top of fresh cherry tomatoes, resting upon a bed of shaved Parmesan and a slice of our superb Potato Rosemary Loaf. Sprinkled with basil and served warm it’s a sure bet this little miracle is going to be making an encore appearance. It’s just as tasty for lunch, dinner, or snack time. Indulge.
- 4 Slices of Grace Baking Potato Rosemary
- 4 eggs
- 8 cocktail cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. basil Pesto homemade or store bought
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 tbsp. butter room temperature
- Shaved parmesan cheese to taste
- Micro basil for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F (232°C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place tomatoes on lined baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and roast for 15 minutes.
- Toast bread slices and spread with butter. Top each with shaved parmesan and 2 tomatoes.
- In a small saucepot, bring water and vinegar to a gentle boil. Working in batches, poach each egg, cooking for 3-4 minutes. Top each bread slice with a cooked egg.
- Spoon pesto over eggs, season with salt and pepper and garnish with micro basil. Serve warm and enjoy!