Tomato, Feta & Spinach Bread Boat
“Bread boat” might suggest a cruise ship with dawn to dusk buffets with a dozen restaurants serving every shape, size and flavor of bread you might imagine. We’re not knocking cruise ships, but they’re an expensive way to experience anything akin to a bread boat. Ours is far easier, and there’s no need to pack for 2 weeks. Our Tomato, Feta & Spinach Bread Boat deserves to be a centerpiece. Garden-fresh spinach, ripe red tomato, and traditional feta are all you need to add to our extraordinary Henry’s Harvest in order to stun a table-full of hungry friends & family into silence. Serve it hot, serve it often, and serve it only with our Henry’s Harvest Loaf, because anything else is going to sink whatever boat you’re trying to float, bread or otherwise.
- 1 loaf Grace® Baking Henry’s Harvest Bread
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cups spinach
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. crumbled Feta, plus more for topping
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella, plus more for topping
- 2-3 heirloom tomatoes, diced
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Slice the top off the loaf and scoop out the center, being sure to leave at least ½-inch thickness all around. Place the loaf on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the minced garlic and melted butter. Brush mixture on the inside and on the edges of the bread loaf. Bake the bread for about 5-10 minutes.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the spinach and sautée until wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine Feta, Mozzarella, tomatoes and sauteéd spinach. Scoop mixture into the bread boat and top with a little more cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is a nice golden brown.