Skip to main content
- prep time
- total time
Brown sugar Ham and Swiss Cheese Sandwich
- 2 Grace Baking Pretzel Hamburger Buns
- 8 slices brown sugar ham, ¼ inch thick
- ¼ cup sauerkraut
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. spicy horseradish
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 4 slices Gruyere Swiss cheese
- Salt and pepper
- In a large sauce pan, over medium low heat melt butter with brown sugar. Add slices of ham, coat with brown sugar butter and cook for 3-5 minutes until ham is browned and caramelized.
- In a small sauce pan warm sauerkraut.
- Place slices of cheese onto the bottoms of pretzel bun. Top with caramelized ham and warm sauerkraut. In a small bowl stir together garlic, horseradish and mayonnaise, season with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce on top of sauerkraut and top with other bun half. Serve warm and enjoy!