- prep time
- total time
Pastrami & Brussels Sprouts Panini
Panini is a funny thing. It’s one of those old-world favorites that’s as much fun to pronounce as it is to eat. All kidding aside, we’re covering a very serious subject: taste appeal. We at Grace Baking have made an art of taste appeal, mostly due to uncanny ability to make things taste great. Case in point, our Grace Baking Organic Multigrain Bread With Quinoa. It’s big on taste appeal, and when combined with cheese, pastrami, and that surprise ingredient you’d never have thought of; brussels sprouts, it screams out “where have you been all my life!”. And let’s be up front about it, the Gouda, garlic, butter and olive oil are no slouches either. This is one winner of a recipe that’ll feed an army, please a family and pinch hit anytime hunger is calls and you’re out of ideas. Peace & goodwill to all the bread lovers of the world!
- 4 slices Grace® Baking Organic Multigrain with Quinoa
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1½ cups shredded Brussels sprouts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tbsp. butter, softened
- 4 slices Gouda
- 6-8 slices pastrami
- Panini Maker
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the Brussels sprouts and garlic, and sauté until the sprouts are softened. Season with salt and pepper, and remove from heat.
- Bring a panini maker to medium-high heat. Brush one side of each slice of bread with 1 tablespoon softened butter. Place two slices of bread, butter side down, on a cutting board. Layer each with one slice of Gouda, Brussels sprouts, pastrami and another slice of Gouda. Top each with a second slice of bread, butter side up, and place sandwiches in the panini maker. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.